Timothy W. Bretl
|Return to: Faculty|
|Office address||Mailing Address||Research Group|
| 321A Talbot Lab
|306 Talbot Lab
104 S. Wright St.
Urbana, IL 61801
- Ph.D., Aeronautics and Astronautics, Stanford University, 2005.
- M.S., Aeronautics and Astronautics, Stanford University, 2000.
- B.S., Engineering, Swarthmore College, 1999.
- B.A., Mathematics, Swarthmore College, 1999.
Honors and Awards:
- Herbert Kunzel Stanford Graduate Fellowship, 2002-2004
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship, 1999-2002
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship (honorary), 1999-2002
- McCabe Engineering Award, 1999
- Heinrich W. Brinkmann Mathematics Prize, 1999
- Assistant Professor, Aerospace Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, August 2006–present
- Postdoctoral Research Affiliate, Computer Science, Stanford University, June 2005–May 2006
- K. Hauser, T. Bretl, K. Harada, and J.C. Latombe. “Using Motion Primitives in Probabilistic Sample-Based Planning for Humanoid Robots” (2006). Workshop on the Algorithmic Foundations of Robotics (WAFR), New York, NY.
- K. Hauser, T. Bretl, J.C. Latombe, and B. Wilcox. “Motion Planning for a Six-Legged Lunar Robot” (2006). Workshop on the Algorithmic Foundations of Robotics (WAFR), New York, NY.
- T. Bretl and S. Lall. "A Fast and Adaptive Test of Static Equilibrium for Legged Robots" (2006). IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Orlando, Florida.
- T. Bretl. "Motion Planning of Multi-Limbed Robots Subject to Equilibrium Constraints: The Free-Climbing Robot Problem" (2006). International Journal of Robotics Research, 25(4): 317-342.