Aerospace Engineering Department Honor Code
As undergraduate students of the Department of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the highest degree of academic integrity and excellence is expected. Founded in 1944, this department has continuously achieved national recognition for its studentsí accomplishments at the University as well as in the aerospace field. The success and prestige of this department demands honesty and academic integrity from both the students and faculty.
- While working in teams is necessary for the success of engineers, it is crucial that individuals contribute to the effort of a team, study group, homework group, and lab group. Ultimately the work, discussions, graphs and equations must be completed through their own labor, in addition to fair and equal contributions to teamwork.
- Plagiarism and cheating will not be tolerated by the Aerospace Department. Such infractions will be dealt with according to the University Student Code, up to and including expulsion. (Article 1 & 1-403).
- Students enrolled in Aerospace Engineering courses at the University of Illinois shall be responsible for upholding and following the guidelines set forth in the University Student Code. The University Student Code is found at http://www.admin.uiuc.edu/policy/code/index.html.
- Students are responsible for reporting violations of this code as soon as they are discovered to a professor or administrator. The Department of Aerospace Engineering will respond to any infractions of this code. Not reporting a violation of the code is itself a violation.
- Consequences for an Honor Code violation are to be determined according to the University Student Code.
Approved unanimously by the Aerospace Engineering Undergraduate Advisory Board on March 12, 2007